The Versatile Company (“they,” “them,” “theirs”) operates the https://versatilecompany.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”). This page informs you of the policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use the Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Your data is used to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Service — Service is the https://versatilecompany.com website operated by The Versatile Company.
- Personal Data — Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data — Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies — Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) — Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. The Versatile Company’s website may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) — Data Subject is any living individual who is using the Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
Several different types of information are collected for various purposes to provide and improve service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using the Service, you may provide The Versatile Company with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Your company or organization affiliation
- Cookies and Usage Data
The Versatile Company may use your Personal Data to answer questions you pose, contact you with relevant information, and if you specifically opt-in The Versatile Company may subscribe you to newsletters and other notifications about The Versatile Company’s services and work. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from The Versatile Company by following an unsubscribe link or contacting us at projects [at] versatilecompany [dot] com and following the instructions sent.
Information may be collected on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data
Cookies and similar tracking technologies are used to track the activity on the Service and hold certain information which is used to improve the website and to enhance your experience. Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze the Service. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Service.
Examples of Cookies that may be used:
- Session Cookies — Session Cookies may be used to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies— Preference Cookies may be used to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies— Security Cookies may be used for security purposes.
Use of Data
The Versatile Company uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to the Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information to improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about our services and events which are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The Versatile Company may process your Personal Data because:
- You have asked us to provide you with a service
- You have given permission to do so
- The processing is within our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain very rare circumstances, The Versatile Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Versatile Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Versatile Company
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. The Versatile Company works to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data is held about you, and/or if you want it to be removed from the systems controlled by The Versatile Company please get in touch with us by emailing projects [at] versatilecompany [dot] com.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information held about you — Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please request assistance.
- The right of rectification — You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object — You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction — You have the right to request that the processing of your personal information be restricted.
- The right to data portability — You have the right to be provided with a copy of your information held in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent — You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where The Versatile Company relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that you may be asked to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about the collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on behalf of The Versatile Company, perform Service-related services, or assist in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Third-party Service Providers may be used to monitor and analyze the use of the Service.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Paid products and/or services may be made available within the Service. In that case, third-party services for payment processing will be used (e.g. payment processors like PayPal).
The Versatile Company does not store or collect any payment card details from this website.
Links to Other Sites
The Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). Personally identifiable information is not knowingly collected from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided Personal Data, please contact The Versatile Company at projects [at] versatilecompany [dot] com. If Personal Data is discovered to have been collected from children without verification of parental consent, steps will be taken to remove that information from our server.
Last revised June 1, 2021.